In order to find out what others believe and what not, let me start a conversation about climate change, and whether it is man made.
I believe, the question whether human activity is causing climate change, is irrelevant, there are many good reason to produce clean energy and harness wind, hydro and solar power.
- Fossil fuels are finite
- Fossil fuels make a mess where they are made and where they are used.
- Wind, hydro and solar power are infinite and clean
- More and more wars are fraught for resources
- Fuels need to be produced, refined and delivered
- You can produce clean energy in your own home
- I like clean air
- I like clean water
- I am healthy and I like to stay that way
- I don't like street noise
- I don't like to conserve energy
- The use of renewable energy costs less, a lot less after you count in:
- The increased cost of production (lobbying, fracking, transport)
- The increased cost of health care (from the poisons released in burning FFs)
- Increase in local warfare (to exploit third world nations, secure resources)
- Increase in global geopolitical conflict, unrest
- Terrorism, open water piracy (actual freedom fighters, fighting against their nation's being exploited)
- Refugees crisis, (actually people trying to flee those exploited regions, also called victims, our victims.)
You need one more? OK, climate change, whether we are a factor or not, it's real, get over it.
How do you see the issue?
Alexander Somm, July 10th 2017